Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"They will enter Zion singing..."


In my very first post, I talked about my Grandmom, and how her encouragement to chase after my dreams inspired me to move to New York City:

Sunday, March 1, 2009
"A few years ago, my grandmother asked me what I actually wanted to do with the rest of my life. Not what made the most sense or what would be the safest route, but what I really, truly desired. She told me to look past all the logic and then gave me some of the most simple yet valuable advice I've ever received: 'You will have plenty of time to settle in your life. There is absolutely no reason for you to start now. I just won't allow it.'"

Today marks the third anniversary of when my sweet Grandmom passed away, and while remembering that she's gone still brings on a wave of sadness and fresh tears to my eyes, I find comfort in the Promise that she is in a much better place, a perfect place. I find comfort knowing that she left this world filled with people who were touched by her kind heart, including a family that she bound together with love. I find comfort knowing that for almost 22 years, she showed me how to live a life filled with faith and love and kindness and joy. And I find comfort knowing that so much of who I am, and who I will continue to become, is because of her.



"Those who have been ransomed by the Lord will return.
They will enter [Zion] singing,
crowned with everlasting joy.
Sorrow and mourning will disappear,
and they will be filled with joy and gladness."
-Isaiah 35:10 (NLT)

1 comment: