Monday, November 23, 2009

Love-Hate

Murph blogged this post from Overheard in New York last week. I can totally picture this cute older couple sitting on a bench on the UWS, sipping their coffee and just watching the world race by. I love how their conversation sums up the Love-Hate relationship that so many of us have with this crazy beautiful city... Lucky for me, the Love always wins out.

Elderly woman to elderly man, as a young girl narrowly escapes getting hit by a car: Oh my god, what is it with these crazy people!? I hate this city more and more each day.
Elderly man: Well then, why do you live here?
Elderly woman: Because I love it.

--83rd & Broadway
Overheard by: Dee Dee

1 comment:

  1. well i'd say that's about right. so many unexplainable reasons to hate new york, yet so many unexplainable reasons to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete