Sunday, November 29, 2009

Just Call Me Sporty Spice

Some people have dared to suggest that the recent rise in my "sportiness" is only in response to the Frogs' BCS-smashing success (12-0!! MWC Champs!! Wooo wooo!!). Well, while I do get particularly passionate for all things Purple, those claims are just plain silly. Take the last week, for instance:

Last Sunday, I went to my first NFL game ever! About 10 of us from work headed out to the Meadowlands to root on the Giants from some pretty fantastic seats in the 8th row. Not only did I love watching as the Giants beat the Atlanta Falcons in overtime, but I even tossed a football at the tailgate. At least 6 times. That whole spiral thing is kind of tricky, but I think I was really starting to get the hang of it.

Representing the Froggies at Giants Stadium, of course.

Go Blue!

Then today... ooooh, today! Only the Sportiest. Day. Ever. First, I returned to the Meadowlands bright and early for the second Sunday in a row. But this time it was to cheer on the Carolina Panthers while they played Jets. It takes a lot to get me to root against the home team, and the Panthers' precious outstanding long snapper, JJ Jansen, is just the ticket. I guess I might be a tad bit partial... I mean, his cutie wife has been one of my closest friends for the last 4 or 5 years, and his new sister-in-law is just plain fabulous... But even if the Panthers didn't quite win this one, I quite enjoyed every minute of the game - especially the company of the Bliss sisters :). 

JJ (#44) looking back at his Cheering Section... or so we told ourselves.

Pretty Bliss Faces

xoxo.  (... and apparently we made a new friend in the back...??)

After the game wound down, I was headed back to Penn Station and up the stairs to Madison Square Garden for the Knicks game! To say the courtside seats I won from work were "unbelievable" would be an understatement - Tracey and I couldn't have had a better view unless we'd been playing right alongside Nate Robinson and Danilo Gallinari ourselves. The only problem that we saw with sitting just a few rows behind Spike Lee and Mary J. Blige for our very first Knicks game is that it really doesn't leave us with a whole lot of room for improvement. :) No worries though, the waffle fries were delicious enough to keep us coming back regardless of the seats. Oh, and how could I stay away from David Lee after the obvious sparks that were flying between us all night?? Sigh... swoony swoon swooooon.

Date Night with Tracey at the Knicks!

The "Zoo-perstars" i.e. the most confusing Halftime Show ever

Best. Seats. EVER... and #42, my future boyfriend.

So after this action packed week, with nearly 12 straight hours of NFL and NBA games today alone, I think it's about time for this sporty little girl to finish catching up on my dvr and then get some beauty sleep. Even the very sportiest of us need a little balance in life, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment