Friday, November 13, 2009

Painting the Town... Purple.



Don't let all of the pink or the constant talk of cupcakes and cute fuzzy animals fool you. Sure, I may not always be the sportiest girl in the world, but when it comes to my Horned Frogs, I bleed purple.

As TCU has climbed the rankings all season and gained more and more attention, it's gotten harder and harder to not to be in Fort Worth for the games. This is the first year since I moved to New York that I wasn't able to make it back for Homecoming, and there's a Texas-sized hole in my heart without my fill of Horned Frog Football.

So after ESPN's College GameDay announced that they're coming to TCU this Saturday for the FIRST TIME EVER, I immediately started scouring the internet for semi-reasonable flights. Then Nike announced they designed snazzy new uniforms for the game, complete with a horned frog skin print and red lines symbolizing "the blood that shoots from the horned frog's eyes when under attack" (I know, precious, right?)! Mayor Moncrief even proclaimed today as "Go Purple Day" in Fort Worth! It seemed like missing the big game against #14 Utah just wasn't an option...

Sadly, my fiscally responsible side ended up prevailing (for once) so I won't be among the expected 47,000 plus fans in the sold-out Amon Carter Stadium. But you can sure count on me to be cheering my little heart out for our #4 Froggies right here from NYC. Pink might be my favorite color the rest of the year, but in the fall, there's nothing like the regal hue of TCU purple!

"Fort Worth has been waiting a long time. My goal is to someday get to where we don’t break Fort Worth’s and Frogs fans’ hearts. I’m going to try not to break those hearts in these next three weeks."
-Coach Gary Patterson

2 comments:

  1. There's a 3 hour break between the start time of the wedding ceremeony and the wedding reception tomorrow, so Nick and I are going to try to go to the San Diego watch party - I suppose they might actually want the Best Man in that break time for photos or other silliness. . . hmmmm. . . Love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video gave me chill bumps. I'm happy for your froggies!

    ReplyDelete