Friday, November 20, 2009

It's Real

Today is Jamie's last full day in New York. I haven't had nearly the time to process and write the post that has been running about my head for the past few weeks. Or maybe it isn't that I haven't had the time, but more that I think I've been avoiding it. Because actually writing it means she's really leaving. And, while I'm so extremely happy for her, in my selfishness, I still don't want it to be real.

Well, I suppose that's not really true... because when I'm honest with myself, and stop to think about how this all came together for Jamie - her life in Atlanta, to NY, to now - there's just no denying that this next step is very clearly God's plan for her. And I'm confident that He has great and amazing things in store for her in Atlanta - things that are far beyond her wildest hopes and dreams... and that Plan is one that I would never want to keep from being real for Miss Jamie.

All this to say, there will surely be some well-deserved reminiscing in the near future (after all, Jamie was the one who inspired me to start this little bloggy! :) )... But for now, I'm going to embrace that Jamie's one-way ticket to Atlanta tomorrow morning is indeed real. And that it's not just real - it's fantastic. Instead of spending my time tonight writing about all of the times over the last two and a half years that have filled my heart, and how much I'm going to miss my Little J, I'm going to head up to Apartment 9A for one last night full of giggles and memories before she leaves... Because these nights are real too. Real and fantastic.

I love you so much, J. Here's to many, many more kissy faces :)

3 comments:

  1. Umm, what exactly is going on with your hands in the top, right corner picture? Just curious:) p.s. Nick & I ate at Chick Fil A in honor of you & Jamie & your love today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm, ooobviously it's the awkward turtle. i.e. our lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just realized that I never commented on your bloggy. So, you should know that ILY very, very much!! And please tell Steph that I am both disappointed in her lack of recognition of the awkward turtle, and proud of her Chick-fil-A eating. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete