Sunday, March 1, 2009

No Reason to Settle

A few years ago, my grandmother asked me what I actually wanted to do with the rest of my life. Not what made the most sense or what would be the safest route, but what I really, truly desired. She told me to look past all the logic and then gave me some of the most simple yet valuable advice I've ever received: "You will have plenty of time to settle in your life. There is absolutely no reason for you to start now. I just won't allow it."

Fast forward a bit and here I am in Manhattan, living the life I used to only dream about. It isn't always fun and fairytales, but to be honest, most of the time it is. I'm soaking up everything this amazing city has to offer and, hopefully, leaving my own unique mark along the way... Painting it pink, if you will. And I'd say that's about as far from settling as I could be right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment