Monday, March 30, 2009

Well, hello Monday! Thank you for making all of my wildest dreams come true:

Here's the thing about cupcakes: I love them. And not just because they're all sorts of "trendy" these days. No, they've held a special place in my treats-loving heart for quite some time.

My happy memories of these precious desserts go way, way back. I still remember the birthday when my mom surprised me by turning my favorite cake (Rainbow Chip, even to this day. Yes, I'm still five years old and proud of it, thank you very much!) into the birthday treat of the year when she baked ice cream cone cupcakes for each of my classmates. I was totally the coolest first grader after that... well, at least until someone brought in a puppy for Show and Tell, I suppose.

And don't even get me started about my very first Magnolia experience on my very first trip to NYC about three years ago (awww!). If I hadn't already been set on moving to the City at that point, goodness knows this little taste of heaven we had on the SATC Tour would've been the tipping point:


Really, I could go on and on about these muffin-shaped, frosting-smothered treats (and let's be honest. I probably will in the future...) but for now, let's just all take a moment and thank our lucky stars for the gloriousness that will be CupcakeCamp NYC. Let the countdown to a cupcake-induced coma begin... Sigh. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Hey you little sprinkle! I've been loving your blog! I want to come see you in NYC for some cupcakes... yes? And then you can come to Nashy for some rhinestones and fringe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray i cant wait for cupcake camp!!

    ReplyDelete