Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Glamour Circa 1939

I was spoiled at my last job with stacks upon stacks of my fave magazines at my disposal. If I wasn't on a comp list, I could always skip on over to my friends in Print and find the latest issue I was lusting after (*cough, cough* December '08 Vanity Fair with the hotter than hot Twilight photoshoot *cough, cough*). Needless to say, I've been going through withdrawls lately without my regular glossy-paged fix of all things celeb/fashion/entertainment/NYC. So imagine my excitement when I discovered this fantastic offer:



Glamour is celebrating it's 70th Birthday by offering an annual subscription at its 1939 pricing: $1.50! For an ENTIRE YEAR! For anyone keeping track, that's less than $0.13 per issue... Thirteen cents! I mean, that even beats the greatest deal I've found in all of NYC (a single banana at Trader Joe's for only $0.19, fyi) by more than a nickel.

Who's kinda loving the recession now??

As far as I can tell, there isn't a catch. You just have to unsubscribe in 12 months if you don't want to receive another year-long subscription... Which is the case with most magazines anyway. And Glamour even sends you a notice 60 days prior to remind you of the automatic renewal.

Seriously. Best. Deal. Ever.

But hurry up and subscribe away, my friends... The $1.50 offer ends March 15th. Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Great find B! I must admit I was skeptical. Is this a trick? Are they for real with this? Only $1.50? I'm not so sure...

    But it's legit! Yay! I also told Julia, my roommate. No matter that we live in the same apartment, for $.13 an issue, we can each have our own copy! :)

    She blogged it here -
    www.txcasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. done and done...I work for the company and I can't get that good of a deal!

    ReplyDelete