Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lesson(s) Learned

In recent days, I've had the great fortune of learning the following tidbits:

1. If it's 20 minutes past when a Sunday matinee is supposed to begin, you're the only person in the theater, AND they're still showing the pre-show with no official previews in sight... maybe you should double check that you're in the correct theater... instead of, say, asking a boy who works there. And then he immediately Walkies to management that there's an emergency movie malfunction. And then you run away.

2. Target.com is a dangerous, dangerous site, especially for a girl who hasn't set foot inside one of their stores since December. But what deals! Sigh.

3. Cinco de Mayo is in fact celebrated in states other than Texas. However, the lack of emphasis placed on margaritas and queso can be something of a letdown.

4. When your CHI has had time to heat up to approximately 400 degrees F and you trip on the cord while your hands are preoccupied with your mascara, perhaps it would be best to let said CHI fall to the ground and break instead of, I don't know, attempting to catch it with your forearm. Don't believe me? I have a nice 3" scar forming that proves my point...

5. I don't think I'll ever get sick of the rain; it always ends up reminding me of Seattle... The humidity, however, my bangs could do without.

2 comments:

  1. I second your motion regarding humidity... how my hair can be simultaneously limp and frizzy is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete