Monday, April 27, 2009

Feel the Burn

Jamie joined me in a grand/painful adventure today: My very first Spinning class! Ok, I know what you're thinking. Let's just take a moment and get it out of our systems... All together now!

You spin me right round, Baby. Right round like a record, Baby. Right round, round, round...




Yessss! Ok, so fabulous '80s YouTube inspiration aside... Y'all! Spinning was HARD. CORE. I'm not sure I could even begin to describe the intensity of the workout we endured, so instead I'll just share the 'reassuring' words our instructor had for me after class (I was one of only two newbies in the room, so I think she probably just wanted to make sure I wasn't about to pass out and/or cry at the end... success!):

"Well, the good news is... I promise your body will never be more uncomfortable than it is at this very moment! NEVER! For the rest of your life!"
-NYSC Spinning Guru

Ummmm, thank you? Question mark?? Regardless of the fact that I can safely say this was one of my Best. Workouts. Ever... I personally think 'good news' would be if she had handed me one of THESE delicious morsels at the end of the class... Grilled Cheesecake. O.M.Goodness! Now that is what I call motivation. ;)

2 comments:

  1. o. m. grilled cheesecake. wow.

    i loved spinning with youuuuuuuuu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SCREW YOU AND YOUR GRILLED CHEESECAKE> UGH I WANT ITTTTTT

    There. How's that?

    ReplyDelete