Monday, April 20, 2009

True Love

When it comes to true love, I'm not sure that anyone could ever accurately put it into words. Sonnets, romantic comedies, and country music lyrics are great and all, but they can only go so far. I'm talking about really, truly describing what it means; how it feels. But goodness knows that this lack of a concrete definition doesn't stop a girl from trying to find it, which in all honesty, can sometimes be a bit discouraging...

... It's stories like this one, which appeared in the New York Times: Modern Love column last month, that reassure me that this oh-so-elusive 'true love' thing does indeed exist:

In a Charmed Life, a Road Less Traveled

"I listened as [the doctor] described her condition, then asked, 'Can she think?'

'Yes. Her brain is fine.'

And that’s when I knew we could do it, long before I had any idea what 'it' was.

Now, 15 years later, we do know."



True love? Oh, it's definitely out there. And Layng's story is one (of many) that proves it is more powerful than I can even begin to imagine... for now.

(And thanks to Annie for the article! If she's not on your Must Read List, add her asap. You won't be disappointed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment