Monday, October 26, 2009

For the Birthday Girl

I'd like to wish the very happiest of birthdays to one of the most loving, selfless, gracious, strong women I know...

... my mom :)

A few weeks ago, the birthday girl came to NYC and was my very first visitor in our brand new apartment - nothing like having your mother stay with you for a few days to get a few of those "finishing touches" in place! Mom and I had a beautifully New Yorky Fall weekend of playing around the city. We roamed everywhere from Central Park to Brooklyn, giggling the entire way... 

Strolling along the High Line

Empire State Building from the High Line

West 14th Street from the High Line 


The High Line's old railroad tracks

Indian Summer

Central Park = Love

One of the year's first sightings of the leaves changing in the Park!

Walking the Brooklyn Bridge

My mom and my city... i.e. happiness



Piglet sidled up next to Pooh from behind. 
"Pooh," he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."
-A.A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner

Happy Birthday, Mommy! I'll love you forever.

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet! This made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly, Mommy! I just read my very special birthday blog. Thank you sweet girl. "I'll love you forever...forever and always my baby you'll be." hugs & kisses, Mom

    ReplyDelete