Monday, March 22, 2010

In case you need me in the middle of the night...

... there's a good chance I'll be on E. 37th Street between Second and Third Aves from 11:30pm until 2:00am.

What's that? Why, pray tell, would I not be snuggled safe in my bed? What could possibly get me to wander the corners of Murray Hill during the wee hours of a Monday evening?? Well, I'm glad you asked... because I have a very logical explanation for my questionable nocturnal behavior:

Elephants.

Elephants walking through Manhattan.

That's right, friends! The circus is coming to town - my town! And cute little elephants, ponies, heffalumps, and the whole gang will be on parade from the Queens-Midtown Tunnel right on across 34th Street to MSG.

Sometimes I shudder at how much I hear this overused phrase in this crazy city, but in this case, I think I'm allowed to make an exception: Only. In. New York.

5 comments:

  1. ummm...how do i get elephants to walk through my neighborhood? i'm going to go write a letter to my senator and get him to start working on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the circus is coming to town?!? what if you went to watch the elephants? in the rain? it would make me giggle. because it's so something you would do. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But...we don't want any elephants!!! Except maybe in the circus or to take us to Florida when the weather in NYC is cold.
    love you,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh how I wish I could have made this a reality, y'all!! But it literally rained on my parade (or circus, rather), and I didn't make it out during the monsoon.. Womp wooomp.

    So Laura, please do write to your senator and then perhaps I can roadtrip it down to see the elephants come to Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete