Sunday, November 21, 2010

Well, hello there

What is it about watching Christmas movies on TV? I mean, I can literally see my copy of The Holiday sitting patiently between Pretty Woman and the animated classic Frosty the Snowman (stop judging, please.), just waiting for me to drop it into the DVD player... But for some reason, I'd much rather stay snuggled on the couch under my fluffy pink blanket and watch it on TNT right now -- commercials and all.

First of all -- Jude Law, how do you still make me swoon? So. Dreamy. Sigh.

And secondly -- I want a friend like Arthur Abbott. Love this. Lots:

Arthur Abbott: So, he's a schmuck.
Iris: As a matter of fact, he is... a huge schmuck. How did you know?
Arthur: He let you go. This is not a hard one to figure out. Iris, in the movies we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady, but for some reason you are behaving like the best friend.
Iris: You're so right. You're supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for goodness' sake! Arthur, I've been going to a therapist for three years, and she's never explained anything to me that well. That was brilliant. Brutal, but brilliant.

Oh, and p.s. I guess this means I'm back from my unplanned bloggy hiatus..? I'm sure I'll get to updates on the fun and frolic that's been happening over the past seven or so months (Did I mention I moved? And one of my best friend's got married?? And I discovered the deliciousness that is extra dirty vodka martinis?). But quite frankly, that's all a little daunting for one little lazy Sunday afternoon post...

... So for now... Hello, again :)

2 comments:

  1. she's baaaaaaack! 'bout time PTTP popped up in my google reader. glad you're back pretty.

    love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing with movies on t.v. - perhaps it is genetic?

    ReplyDelete