Friday, August 21, 2009

Baby just say, "Yes."

I love Taylor Swift. Her music aside, everything about her is just stinking adorable. A co-worker tried to tease me about my cowboy boots and "y'all's" awhile back by calling me Taylor Swift... imagine his surprise when I squealed with delight and thanked him for the most fabulous of compliments! Jamie, LJ and I even got to meet her a few months ago at a Rolling Stone luncheon. Between her killer purple heels from Top Shop and her bubbly personality, I left plotting a master plan to become her new BFF...

So it's no surprise that when Taylor just Tweet-ed about "an awesome cover of Love Story" by a guy with a "beautiful voice," I clicked through immediately... and discovered this week's Happy Friday! Happy Video! Yessss...

The artist, Gabe, rewrote the lyrics of Taylor's "Love Story" so that it's from Romeo's perspective instead of Juliet's:
Juliet I'll save you, they'll never come between us
Just hold on and love is gonna free us
Don't be afraid, oh we'll make it through this
It's a love story... Baby, just say, "Yes."

The cute spin on the story, combined with Gabe's dreamy voice, pretty much made my heart melt... Sigh.

Hope you enjoy and Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment